ummmm what is this?????? NEW PICS! bottom of page

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Sep 26, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i have eggs in the bator put in the 23rd, and i candled them today and saw a red line in sum, is that normal, heres a pic, not very clear but u can see the line. the faint black lines is just writting on the egg, i wrote the dates on the eggs, im concerd about the red line, its hard to see in these eggs because they are tan shelled, i kinda photo shoped thos photo to make the line stand out, is it a vein im seeing? cant be a blood ring because it dnt go all the way around the yolk and it stays i one spot...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. chookhead

chookhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    how mnay days has this egg been in the incubator if less than 10 it mite be ur little chick

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I'm pretty sure it's a blood ring

4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
  5. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Im afraid I have to agree with Skitz and say thats a blood ring. Looks like the embryo developed for a few days then died. Im unable to see any active blood vessels.

Sorry to have to give you a negative reply.

Pete [​IMG]

6. stephanie1992

that was taken at day 3, i checked it today and now in dnt c it so im hopful, still watching it, just in case

7. stephanie1992

i took new pics, two differnt eggs, only ones i see like this, start of a blood ring?? i read the date on the eggs, they were put in the 21st of this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Im afriad they both look like blood rings by now they should be looking like the picture in my avatar which was a goose egg at 7 days.

You should see a central red area with blood vessels radiating outwards if the egg is viable [​IMG]

Pete [​IMG]

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Does look like a blood ring.....You could let it go for a few days to be sure if you feel the need though......

10. stephanie1992

if i dnt see a change should i through them away? will the contaminate the other eggs? these to have been sitting by each other from the time i put them in the bator. i have an egg right by them thats forming perfectly, will they spread germs to this egg?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by