ummmmmmm (UPDATE) CHICKS OK< PICS!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Oct 26, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

chick hatched, is this normal?????

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

It might still be absorbing it's yolk sac. Give it a few hours and see if there's any changes.

3. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Is it alive?

Is that where the yolk sac goes??

If it's not yolk sac absorption, it looks to me like gastroschisis (where the intestines develop outside of the creature.) I helped my stillborn hatch this morning and it had this condition long with a malformed head & wide set legs. I knew what it was from being a labor & delivery nurse (of people). If it's not the yolk sac, he'll probably die. [​IMG] If it's the gastroschisis, it's a lot milder than my chick this morning...I cn try to take a pic if you want?

4. stephanie1992

Quote:its alive. chirping and opening its eyes. its sleeping now. the yolk goes in right there. i can see some yolk out still so i dnt think its absorbed all the way. but u can post a pic if u want. im ganna c how it does. hopfully it will be ok. its a very intresting looking chick. i crossed a california grey with a penendensnca. the chicks comb is a rose comb up to the top then turns into a single comb. legs are greenish. feathers are blueish black. i really hope its ok

5. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    make sure you have PLENTY of moisture in their so it doesn't start drying out the mucous too quickly.

6. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the graphic pic. My poor boo. I suspect yours is the yolk scenario...will cross my fingers for him!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  7. stephanie1992

checked on the chick, seems to be doing good, trying to stand, and is chirping, but its still out like that but the blood vessels are going away and it seems to be absorbing more. i really hope it lives! ill keep u updated!

8. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ahh poor things. Hope it makes it! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    How's your chickie doing now??

10. stephanie1992