un-banning people

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by rtroxel, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtroxel

rtroxel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2010
    Northwest Indiana
    Hello,

I recently learned that the reason that someone very active on our thread had not been active any more was because this person had been indefinitely banned. Not only was the person banned, but all people related were banned as well. Is there a way those people can be re-instated to BYC? Our thread has gone from very nice and active to very boring and dead. Please help.

Thanks,
    Rudy

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well I have to say I received my first warning in three years. Quite frankly I deserved it I suppose. I was upset that it stays on my record for four months. I also wondered how the sponsors feel about how things are monitored here or whether they care at all.

Being an adult I did let one group on a posting know I was withdrawing because, some comments were upsetting. I don't believe in "reporting". I am not a tattle tale juvenile.

However I'll take the warning and deal with it. Life isn't always fair.

Such is life,

Rancher

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I highly doubt it, in my experience they've been pretty strict about that.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

First of all, a rules reminder:

Moderation
    BackYardChickens staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BackYardChickens staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
    15. Do not post threads questioning moderation. If you have an issue with one of our rules, moderators, etc. please contact another moderator or a forum administrator

No one is just banned outright here on some sort of whim. We suggest you review our infraction system. Points must accrue for someone to be banned, unless it's a spammer or someone going crazy and committing some sort of crazy boardicide who needs to be stopped quickly so he/she can be dealt with logically and the situation researched. Banning a member is never taken lightly at BYC. And we do not discuss the circumstance of a member's disciplinary action with another member. Nor do we reinstate upon request.​

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

What she said.

We honestly wish we never had to give infraction points and wish nobody was ever banned from our wonderful community (either temp banned or permanently banned). Our infraction / warning system is based on the principles of:

1) Hey, just letting you know you did something that violated our rules.
    2) Hey, a reminder that you're breaking our rules
    3) Hmm... you keep breaking rules, it looks like we are going to be forced to remove your access temporarily so you can review our rules
    4) Welcome back, we hope you've spend some time reviewing our rules. Here's another chance to enjoy our community within the rules we've established based on years of experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by