Unbalanced an hurt chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rockygirl1977, Jan 23, 2017.

1. rockygirl1977

rockygirl1977 New Egg

Jan 23, 2017
    WA state
    Hi I hope this is okay. But last year our huge baby flock was reduced due to a bobcat. 3 survived out of 9. Now one seems OK. An then the one that got hurt is unbalanced an wobbly. I do know that being hurt is her problem. The sister to her has nothing wrong but loss of feathers on her rump. Then the biggest one started off fine. But now she's unbalanced an I don't know how to say what else. They were raised in the house till they hit big enough to go out into a secured pen. Til I made a grave mistake. Causing loss of 6 hens. They are now inside again an fed watered an cleaned area every day. No rotten or molding food. I checked there crop? They are fine. But Gimpy can't really do anything til healed better. It's Spice the biggest one nothing was wrong til a couple weeks ago. Please any help.

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    I would separate the chick with poultry vitamins and wet mashed chick feed and you can offer her eggs and tuna often.You can give her 1/4 of a 81mg baby aspirin tablet to reduce inflammation in the legs.

3. rockygirl1977

rockygirl1977 New Egg

Jan 23, 2017
    WA state
    Thank you so much

4. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Your welcome,After the attack she was probably in a bad sate already the chance of the older ones bullying her of the food is likely.Them leaning her off the food probably just put her in a worse state.Keep us updated.

5. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Sorry forgot to add.Dissolve the 1/4 of baby aspirin in water and put some drops in her mouth with a eye dropper don't just give it full.

6. rockygirl1977

rockygirl1977 New Egg

Jan 23, 2017
    WA state
    The big one Spice that is showing the unbalanced is not picking on her. An Indago the one with no tail isn't bothering her either. In fact those two help Gimpy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by