Unbalanced rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Fluffychickensflock, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Fluffychickensflock

Fluffychickensflock Chirping

Jan 17, 2018
    we have a rooster, now a year old, he grew up with his mom and his brother, once his brother threw him around in their hen house and i am not sure if he hit his head when he was young, but he is always unbalanced. We had to take him out of his coop because there our two rooster liked jumping on him, he now lives in a new coop that we bought him, but i have no idea why he is unbalanced. When he is worried or stressed he is more unbalanced, he has lived alone not seeing his flock and he was doing very good, but he was crowing a lot talking across the yard to the other chickens, so we moved his coop next to the other coops and he seemed very unbalanced and then once he calmed down he seemed better, i am just wondering why he could be unbalanced? It is nothing new just trying to find answers. :idunno:confused:

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Waiting on a Fresh Garden Salad

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    My guess would be a head injury as well. I have had special needs chickens too.

Fluffychickensflock likes this.
  3. Fluffychickensflock

Jan 17, 2018

Thank you! :):D

oldhenlikesdogs likes this.
  4. Fluffychickensflock

Jan 17, 2018
    We have beeen watching our unbalanced rooster and then we just thought, can chickens have inner ear infections? Just curious. :confused::idunno

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: