Unbelievable Animal Laws and Story

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Buckguy20, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    I saw aan unbelievable story on the news last night.
    A woman in a small town in Oklahoma was given two citations because her goats were mating in public. The goats were in a pen on her land but visable from the road. Someone called in and reported her, well the goats. The same town also has a law that makes it illegal for animals or pets to poop within 200 feet of another persons property. So she got a ticket because the goats pooped in their own pasture.
    After a big uproar the town dropped the citations and agreed to review the laws.
    This happened in a very small town in a rural part of Oklahoma.
    Monty

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Monty........I couldn't believe that ! unreal.....I am glad they re-thought the whole thing after this story ran......... man, I so would be in trouble cause of my active roo [​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    what the heck! I was watching a comedian a few nights ago and he was making fun about people who sue over the smallest thing.

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Wonder what the third citation would have been if she had been seen trying to interrupt either one of those actions??!!

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

6. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    thats so unreal, to tell you the truth i have seen humans, "almost" mating in puplic, are they going to give them a ticket???? what r u supposed to do , make the goats mate in the barn.? im so glad my town doesnt have any laws like that.

7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    The city where I used to live had a pretty crazy law about tethering dogs, although not quite as idiotic as that goat law. They were trying to ban people from keeping dogs chained 24/7, which I agree is a good idea. However the new law banned a dog from being tied out for more than 30 minutes at a time, and then you have to bring your dog inside for at least 3 hours. You can't have your dog outside for more than 3 hours total a day. You can leave a dog in a crate 24/7 if you want, but God forbid you should leave them in the yard for an hour at a time. Who knows what you do if your dog has got into something bad :| It's also illegal to leave your dog in your car for more than 5 minutes if it's colder than 30F.

At the time I had just adopted a coonhound, and we did not have a fenced yard. I'd put her out on the tie out to let her go to the bathroom, then bring her straight back in, as she had terrible separation anxiety and would throw a fit if she couldn't be glued to me. I was lucky if I could leave her outside for 5 minutes without her baying. One day the humane society showed up at my door, complaining about me keeping my dog outside without food or shelter. They didn't even look for her before knocking on the door; she was asleep on the sofa. I had to laugh when she shredded the letter they gave me right in front of them. I was furious though. I'd taken in a starved, beaten dog, fed her up, got her spayed and all her shots done, and even let her sleep on my bed each night, and I was getting grief from the humane society. If i'd turned her loose she would have run off, then they'd have been trying to ticket me for an animal at large instead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by