Unbelievable incident

You probably felt the adjustment of the birds spine (they have 15 to 18 vertebrae). The bird may have been in shock from this or whatever caused her to go down in the first place. Cervical dislocation did not happen though. I'm happy she's doing better and hope this continues 💜

Chiropractor care has been done in poultry before 😉
Maybe she had neuro issues, then the adjustment of her spine helped? Or the pain in her legs, causing the issue, was related to her neck? I get chiropractic adjustments from time to time and I know things can be related like that.

Either way, thats a miracle! So glad she's doing better now.

I wanted to share a story that I know no one is going to believe but I have no reason to lie and this really just did happen.
I came into the coop to find one of my hens lying down legs outstretched Wing to the side head cocked but still alive I thought perhaps she had been attacked by something but she obviously was not doing well.
I assessed her for a while and then made the difficult decision to end her suffering.

Sorry to get graphic here but it's important to the story. I use the broomstick method which I'm familiar with. I pulled her up and felt and heard the snap.

I took her by her legs and carried her about 3 minutes away. Upside down, not moving.

I set her lifeless body on the ground. When she jumped up on her feet and stood there like nothing had happened.

I picked her up and took her back to the roost. Not knowing what was going on but figured well I would find her dead in the morning.

In the morning I found her in the coop, she's absolutely fine, there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. I am sure I broke her neck but she shows no sign of it, it somehow brought her back to life how could this possibly be?
Where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom