Unbelieveable!!! USPS rant!!! :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Funky Feathers, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I sold a bird to a guy in PA, asked him to ship me back his ID band (green plastic bandette #12), he did, and I got a torn empty envelope!! Some postal employee STOLE the band!! WTH do they want with it?? What is up with people today?? Are good, honest people the minority now? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Maybe the postage machine ripped the envelope.......

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:That's what I'm thinking, it happens quite often.

4. Why would someone WANT a bird band enough to STEAL it?!?!? *shakes head* What is this World coming to???

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I third the mechanical trauma. Unless he paid "special handling" and "hand cancel" fees, it would just get whipped through the machinery and snag when it hit the bulge.

6. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Yep, I have received torn envelopes in the past, due to sorting machines, sometimes they are patched with tape and a note, but other times they are not. One time it was a rebate check that was torn in half, never did get that $5 [​IMG]

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    guessing the machine as well

I had dropped off a pair of flash cards to send to a friend in the next city, 30 miles or so away, it was torn open and only the card I sent as a joke was included (I think it was 128mb and could hardly hold a photo) Both cards had my name and cell phone #

The bigger and useful card never did turn up. I have to think some postal worker found it and thought it must have contained some interesting photos........(it didn't)

8. Well...maybe it was the machine...

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I just can't imagine that anyone would risk a federal offense over a plastic leg band.

10. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I sent my friend a small sample eyeliner when I sold Mary Kay, and the machine ripped it up. I also got a nice little Note from the PO that things like that can't be placed in regular envelopes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by