Unbelieveable!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Jan 20, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I had my son in 1989, went back to work in 1990. I worked for two years for a firm that went under in 1992. Here at work recently, we are wroking with a consultant I haven't met yet. His name is Matt Dhillon. I worked with a guy named Matt Dhillion, spelled that way, back in the early 90's.

IT IS THE SAME GUY!!!!!!! What a small world that I would run into this guy 18 years later in a completely different part of the state! Absolutely unbelievable.

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Nah, you are in the Twilight Zone. [​IMG]

3. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I guess living in a big town/state that is pretty rare. I live in a small town/state. I run into folks all the time from way back when. Last week I was at Auto Zone buying windshiled wipers and the guy at the register lived down the street from my childhood home. We went to the same elementary school. He was younger than me ( 2 grades lower) so we didn t really play together but knew each other. Our hometown is about 40 miles away from the town we ran into each other in.

Last year I went to the state fair for the first time in 10 years. I quit going for a while because you ALWAYS run into folks you DO NOT care to see. Like ex boyfriends/girlfriends.

Edited to add

A while ago I took my son to get an EEG and the woman running the study was someone I had gone to JR High with. I didn t care for her then and she hadn t changed much IMO.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:So much for the Witness Protection Program! [​IMG]

5. Prettiest Frog

Prettiest Frog Cooped Up

Dec 21, 2009
    My biggest coincidence -

Worked at a fast food joint in LA with a guy for a month.

Two years later, had him literally run into me at Norfolk. He was carrying a huge box and ran into me from behind, knocking me to the ground. He apologized, helped me up, and said 'wait, I know you, aren't you Prettiest Frog?'

A few more years later than I care to admit to, and we took an online class together.

I think he's stalking me very very slowly.

6. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    After taking a job in a city more than 500 miles away, I found out that my boss's father-in-law had been my father's high school basketball coach.

7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I grew up in a small Maryland town.

After graduation, I grew a wild hair and moved to sunny Florida with a loser boyfriend (1 of many to come) [​IMG] I was cruising down rt.1 with the windows rolled down and blaring some tunes when a guy pulled up next to me and was motioning to me over my incredibly loud music. I thought for sure he was just taken away by my beauty and coolness and wanted to ask me out [​IMG]

I flipped the hair and turned down the tunes and he yelled into my car with an all too familiar Boonsboro, MD. twang... "Hey, didn't you go to Boonsboro?" One of my brother's dorky friends found me 1,000 miled away [​IMG]

You can never outrun your past.

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Oh no! [desperating erasing my tracks...]

9. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Maybe he's stocking you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 18 yrs later. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I was flabberghasted!!! What are the chances??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by