Uncxe dad 28

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by uncledad28, Sep 26, 2015.

1. uncledad28

uncledad28 New Egg

Jul 22, 2015
    When I was ten yrs. old my parents introduced me to chickens & goats. Since then i've always said I would love to have chickens, again so two yrs. ago i told my that would like to get chickens did not happen my wife had three operations wife comes first. So this year was going very well, we built a coop & a run so we went on that hunt for chickens we got 21 & 7 roosters not by choice. The wife & i we luv our chickens,i'm seventy years young wish i had done a lot sooner. UNCLEDAD 28

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

One is never too old for chickens! And better late than never, I always say.

Great to have you aboard UNCLEDAD. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around the forums.

Welcome to our flock!

3. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

5. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    What breeds did you end up getting? Welcome! [​IMG]

6. uncledad28

uncledad28 New Egg

Jul 22, 2015
    Uncledad 28 my wife & i got our chickens at tractor supply which was not bad. But we forgot to get straight runs, so out of twentyeight chickens we got, nine roosters & nineteen hens which we lost two of them. so our chicken family consist of Rhode Island Reds , Black Australorp, Buff Orpingtons, Wellsummers and out of those the Buff Orpingtons are my favorites.My wife likes the Wellsummer roosters because she likes when they crow, but out of nine roosters we have three left two wellsummers and one Rhode Island Red but so far they are all healthy thank God.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Roosters can handle 10 hens apiece. think you are going to need more hens so they don't get over bred and damaged.

8. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Gotta love chicken folk logic lol. Even though he already has close to 30 as his beginners flock, rather than needing to loose some roosters he needs more hens :).
    Love it!

9. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

How fun that you are back into raising chickens! They are fun and so interesting to watch...chicken tv is the best show around.

It's nice to have you here!

10. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Yes, Very true. I'd get 12 hens per rooster just to be safe, you know, predators, illness, etc.

ABSOLUTELY[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by