Under construction... FINISHED!!! and chickens too!

obxWaMi

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
OBX, NC (Roanoke Island)
IT IS FINALLY FINISHED (Thank you Daddy)

Well, Wayne and I left early yesterday for the Pumpkin Patch field trip with our granddaughters, Olivia and Victoria. My dad and mom came over to finish things up and they did a FANTASTIC X100 JOB.

Here is the finished coop and run viewed through my fig tree. The tarp was just draped across the top this morning (it is not attached) because I didn't know if they would spend the day outside the coop if it was raining and I didn't want their food to get wet. It STORMED all night last night and I was beginning to pray that my dad's building abilities rivaled those of Noah.
42000_dscn0681.jpg

Here is a view of our new flock from the far end of the run looking back at the coop. Can anyone tell us what kinds of chickens these are? The lady who gave them to us is a friend of our oldest daughter and she gets a mixed assortment each spring from a hatchery in Ohio. I'm going to post better pictures a different section of the boards.
42000_dscn0670.jpg

ANOTHER UPDATE 12:30 (had chickens less than 12 hours and we already have 3 EGGS!!! Olivia found the first one and I thought she was going to have a heart attack!
42000_dscn0694.jpg

Thanks to everyone who encouraged us and commented.

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!!!
Cheers
--Michelle and Wayne

Last edited:
Wow, that's cool that you picked my design to build off of. And thanks to Kathyinmo for turning me on to this thread. You are already making much better progress than I did especially since I STILL have not finished mine. Mainly still needs trim work, paint and insulation. Kind of lost my momentum on the project. Please keep us updated, I am excited to see how it turns out. I am especially interested in how you did your vents.

I looked around a little bit and couldn't find where I ever posted any updated pictures here are a couple. I apologize for the quality, I just snapped them with my phone on the way to work this morning.

coop01b.jpg

coop02.jpg

What a high quality building job!!! You are lucky to have such a great family! the thing I love most aobut the site is the willingness of everyone to share ideas and experiences, it makes going forward so pleasant!

Back
Top Bottom