Under the Gun This Week!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by catdaddy66, Feb 19, 2011.

1. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I have been lollygaggin' around thinking I had till the week of 3/10/11 to have my new outdoor brooders ready for my shipment from Ideal, as that was the date they gave me. Well, this past Thursday 2/18/11 I got a call asking if it would be ok to ship my order on 2/23/11 as they would have all of my birds then but not in March. Of course I said yes but I am frantically scrambling to get them ready in time. There is to be NO INDOOR BROODING ( [​IMG] ) per DW this year, so I must rig up an outdoor system that is predator proof and weather proof due to light and heat requirements. I do have some help but it will be a tight fit, time wise. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I must pray to the Chicken God for a successful brooding this spring! [​IMG] and afterwards? [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Despite the time crunch, I bet you're really excited to get your chicks early.
    Good luck on your brooder!

3. Sparky2726

Sparky2726 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2011
    Hiwassee, VA
    What do you have comeing? I have an order of RIR and Dominiques coming on the 9th from them.

Lee

4. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    Lucky you; I have to wait until March 28th! [​IMG]

5. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:I have 4 of these breeds: EE's (i have 3 already), Delawares, Gold Sex Links & Australorps. Want to get some speckled sussex as well!

6. Sparky2726

Sparky2726 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2011
    Hiwassee, VA
    That works. I should be good on my order then. I was afraid mine would get pushed back.

Lee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by