1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Uneven Brooder? Need some help!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chasiekitten12, Feb 22, 2015.

1. chasiekitten12

chasiekitten12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    Our family has decided to raise chickens for eggs for the first time. We are going to raise 8.
    Now here is where we need our help: The bottom of the coop is uneven. We need a way to make it even again. Or is it ok? We would much rather have it fixed but need it to e safe for the little ones. Any advice is welcome! Thanks in advance! :)

2. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

Hello, I suppose someone is going to have to ask you to explain what your vision of an 'uneven brooder' is. If it is the bottom of the building/structure and the chicks can escape, they yes it will need to be repaired in a manner that will safeguard the young chicks. If however it is just not level… I am not so sure that would make a difference. Perhaps if you could please paint a better picture for your responders, I am sure someone will be able to assist you a little better.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

3. chasiekitten12

Aug 19, 2014
    Thanks for the input. What I mean by uneven is that is is not level.

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Post a pic...a good pic is worth a thousand words.

5. chasiekitten12

Aug 19, 2014
    At the moment I cant but maybe soon? The bottom is a slope. But not a bad one. It is just barely unlevel just want to make sure it is ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by