Unexpected and unwanted company?

feather and mountain man

Corn fed Indiana farmgirl
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
I don't know what to do about this couple. Now they don't make a habbit of this except for maybe once a month. However I can't stand it when they come.

DH and I were out in the yard this morning. I was showing him all the flowers I had transplanted and where they were and we were having coffee and just enjoying the morning when. Well when Daniel and Ginger come pulling into the drive. Daniel works at the same place as DH. Ginger works with DH's ex. So all he does is complain about work to DH while all she does is talk about how wonderful DH's ex is to her (ginger) at work. (THe same ex who tried to kill me and is absolutely crazy and a huge drug addict now) Then Ginger complains about everything and everyone else. They are also huge liars and really dirty people. We are always polite but today we met them in the driveway not wanting to invite them in the house cause once inside they would not leave. She was talking about selling their house and moving in town today and I only wish. Cause maybe if they didn't live half a mile away they wouldn't stop by. I try to look for the good in everybody so this is the best I can come up with they only come by once a month
hmm.png

debiraymond you are so much sweeter than I am.
thumbsup.gif
I think your words would work perfectly! My daughters have a friend that likes to come by, but her dad gives me the creeps and he smells. I talked to him for 3 hours one day, and that will never happen again. The friend came by and wanted to know if she could play, I said yes, she ask if her dad could stay. I simply said NO!!!

Which your situation is different since your DH works with this man, but anyone that has morales and respect for other's will not talk about Ex's, esp. when their are bad things that happened. I am sure Ginger knows everything, becase the Ex probably told her. She is probably just trying to get info for the Ex.

I would tell her that talking about the Ex is disrespectful and you no longer wish to hear anything about her.

The hubbies work mate is one thing.. but this Ginger lady!! No way!! You could be wonderful and polite as suggested above... OR you could say to Miss Ginger while hubbie talks to the guy... "Sorry! I'm not interested in you or anything you have to say! Move your butt because I was working in that spot".. but I'm not always know for my tact
wink.png
Tho it gets the job done!!

Quote:
I'm only nice the first time. We have a guy that stops by all the time with no notice and I told him dude, call first. Then he comes in and goes right to the fridge. I told him - you got some funds you wanna donate to the cause. Cause YOU eat more than we do!

He got the hint that time.

I'm with the others. If you don't want them there then tell them. Don't have to say "I just can't stand you" or anything but be honest. Tell the truth... if you've got housework, work brought home, yard work, or hey just want to spend some time together since this work week was so hectic then say so. And you can soften it by saying to give y'all a call next time they're free and we'll see if we can't get together.... doesn't in any way promise that you WILL be willing or able to get together, but it also doesn't just flat out say Don't Call Here either... plus gives you the Call Before Coming that would make you more comfortable.

Quote:
I'm only nice the first time. We have a guy that stops by all the time with no notice and I told him dude, call first. Then he comes in and goes right to the fridge. I told him - you got some funds you wanna donate to the cause. Cause YOU eat more than we do!

gig.gif
I can't tolerate people like that! My husband is the one that sets back and just goes with the flow, but I am the one that has to make waves if I don't like something. Never have been one that could go with the flow.

Quote:

gig.gif
I can't tolerate people like that! My husband is the one that sets back and just goes with the flow, but I am the one that has to make waves if I don't like something. Never have been one that could go with the flow.

I told this guy once it's a good thing you are good looking otherwise you'd be out on your butt.

Back
Top Bottom