Unexpected visitors...Like, or don't like?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dewey, Jul 15, 2011.

1. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Love company, but I'm not so big on having drop-in visitors...seems like it's almost always at the worst time. Is it awful to sometimes not even answer the door when guests have been asked to please call ahead to make sure it's a good time? (If it was publishers clearinghouse I might consider answering the door.) [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We have a family friend that never fails to drop by when it is meal time. It is sooo irritating. Ken always gave over most of his plate so he could eat, but the last time I put my foot down and gave the guy a hot dog when we were having steak and corn on the cob. Funny, he hasn't been back.

3. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I'm not big on it ether. don't like people showing up when my house looks like a hobo hut [​IMG]

4. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    When I was in my 20's I LOVED impromptu parties with drop-in guests. Now that I'm in my 50's, not so much.

I don't have a load of free time between work and all the obligations I've made. So when I'm at home, I want to do what I want, and entertaining uninvited guests is NOT on the list. I usually just want to relax with a good book or sit in my jammies and eat a bowl of ice cream, or even take a long soak in the tub. All of the previously mentioned would be extremely awkward with someone sitting there watching. [​IMG] Even if it was a family member, hehehe.

Having said that, I really DO like having company come over when they are INVITED.

I know, grouchy old person. Grin.[​IMG]

5. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]

Makes me wonder if some drop by trying to catch a mess or a great meal. I might be tempted to do that for steak. [​IMG]

6. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    I confess... I am a one to leave the door unanswered.
    I do not think that makes me a bad person. If they REALLLLLY wanted to see me they should have called first.
    My dogs tend to frighten off door to door sales people [​IMG] and ALL of the girl scouts [​IMG] with their barking.

I hear ya knockin but ya can't come in. [​IMG]

7. Abirdbrain

Abirdbrain Chillin' With My Peeps

Tee-he! I have a Great Dane and glass French doors. I have to wipe the glass from the greetings he gives most unknown people.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

It does seem like they never come when: Your house is clean, your hair is combed, your make-up is fresh, you are actually wearing a bra, you have time to chat, you aren't in the middle of a meal, snack, etc. I have hid and not answered the door on numerous occasions....hurried and turned off the tv, ducked into the hallway, kept quiet as a mouse... you name it, I've done it.

It's sorta like when the waitress waits until your mouth is full before she asks if everything is okay or if you need anything else....I honestly think they watch from across the room and pounce on you at the opportune moment! [​IMG]

I do not like unexpected visitors unless I'm perpendicular to the cosmos, all my planets are aligned and light spills from the heavens as a chorus of angels sing...and my house is neat and clean~all these things being very unlikely, as you can imagine.

1 person likes this.
  9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Well don't come my way!!!!

10. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Glad I'm not the only one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by