1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unexpected Visitors!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by FreeChicken!, Jan 5, 2011.

1. FreeChicken!

FreeChicken! Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    So, one day in the summertime, I let the chickens out of their pen and went inside to get something. I left the door open to let some cool, fresh air inside. I got distracted and was standing inside, when I heard a "Clurk!" I turned and saw three of my White Leghorns walking over to me with my Rhode Island Red hen and her young son following. It was Chickenland! I took the chickens back outside and played with them. They're so friendly! [​IMG]

2. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Thats such a great story!

Are those Buff Orpingtons in your profile picture? If so,you should join the Buff Orpington thread! I can give you a link if you'd like to [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Aren't chickens just the funniest creatures?! [​IMG] I get such joy out of watching mine just going about their daily routine. [​IMG] I don't know if I got the opportunity when you first joined, so I'll say it now: Welcome! This is such a great place to hang out! [​IMG]

4. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Quote:Yes! Welcome to the family or BYCers [​IMG] Hope to see you more around the forum! ust tell us if you have any questions [​IMG]

5. FreeChicken!

Nov 14, 2010
    Quote:Yes, two of them are Buff Orpingtons and the other is a Buff Rock. Their names are Willow, Biscuit, and Peanut. I still have Biscuit and Peanut, but sadly, Willow has passed on.

I'm not really sure what a thread is, though. Eheheh...

6. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    A thread is an area that people can post a reply to what you originally stated. Like you made this "thread" to tell us about a day when you found the chickens in the house... [​IMG]

7. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    Great story! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

8. FreeChicken!

Nov 14, 2010
    Oh, now I get it! Can you give me a link to the Orp. thread? I'll check it out.

And thanks!

9. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Quote:I WANT TO JOIN THE BUFF ORPINGTON THREAD!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by