Unfriended My Mother on FB

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by herfrds, Jun 6, 2011.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I was just cruising through Facebook and was looking for a friends e-mail so I clicked on my Friends link.
    as I was looking through it I see a picture of my dads car under an unknown name. So I asked about them.
    My mother responded that it was none of my business.
    She has been a witch to me since Grandma died, so I am done with her.

We had planned to see them when the kids and I go back down there this weekend.
    Guess not.

Anybody else unfriend a relative?

2. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Yup, 5 people. They were being stuck up the mean.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Honey I turned them down to start with. Saves alot of problems later.

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Not only is my mother unfriended. She is blocked. I don't want her to search me, and if she is friends with someone I know I don't want her to see any of my interactions with them. She is a perscription drug addict, a liar, a racist and just a generally awful person. I had thought there was some chance to reconcile our relationship until my sister recieved a call from social security with my mother on the other line demanding information about my father's death benifits 2 days after he died. They had been divorced for 20 years. She also made a point of letting my Step mother know that she had a will of my Fathers that left her everything. You know, just "in case" they couldnt find a current one. My grown kids wont even talk to her.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Doesn't that just suck? I have a very tenuous relationship with my mother. One wrong move on HER part for a change, and I am soooo not there. Done being treated like every single decision I make is the wrong one.

6. ebwy2

ebwy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    I have some hateful genetic relatives who I blocked... refer to them as "my ex-aunt" and "ex-cousin".

7. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    My biological father is blocked... he hasn't been in touch with me in over 16 years and had the nerve to send me a FRIEND REQUEST! No email... no explanations... just a friend request. Needless to say after a couple pointless emails, he is banned for life.

8. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Wish my mother in law would "unfriend" me like she did my mother!!! "something" might just mysteriously "happen" to my friends list one day and she might mysteriously get deleted. Who knows?

9. cuntryuppiechick

cuntryuppiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I have a no relative policy in my general life and Facebook reflects my everyday life. Relatives are wonderful in one way only, on the other side of the ocean.

10. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    I plainly just don't post things I don't want the whole world knowing. Because that is just what you do on FB, you announce all your little secrets to the world. Anyone with internet access can know so much about you and you never even met them. Some post so much that any stranger could read over their FB and then go out and run into that person and the spied will feel like that person and them were best of friends at some point in the past. Personal business should stay personal.
    I'm friends w/my mother and my sister and brother. Pretty easy to ignore anything I don't want to read or know about them. My sister managed to post a lot of detail about her adoption issues and then wondered why everyone was being so 'nosy'. You post to the world, the world will always want to know more.

There's nothing wrong with not adding your family. If you want them to know something, you can call, email or send a letter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by