Unfriendly Ducklings!!

Settler'sDreamFarm

█ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
11 Years
Aug 7, 2008
Ontario, Canada :)
I love my ducklings so much!! They are happy, healthy, but not very friendly. They are a couple days old, and I dont expect them to be like a dog but I dont want them to rush to the corner every time I open the brooder.
sad.png
What do all of you do to make your ducks more friendly??? Thank you so much
smile.png
smile.png

Mine act the same way and they are 2 weeks old today. As soon as they see me heading toward the brooder they start looking for an exit. I hope they settle down. They really hate to be held right now. I've heard they get better with age. I hope so.

Mine are three weeks old, and still do that! I was very sad until I read a thread on here. It said they all act like you are going to eat them!! I was worried that I did something wrong, and that was why they hated me! I let mine outside in the yard, and they run from me, but if something scares them they run to me!!!LOL

I just got my first ducks a while ago and they are convinced I am going to eat them any time I am near. Chickens seem to be quicker to warm up

They are finicky! Mine go through different waves of friendly. They are much better when I offer them food from my hand. They will run right toward me.

My first 2 were super skittish.... They only come near me now to eat (or they did, my second male from my first hatch is no longer with us). I have a female I bought as a companion for them, she is 8 weeks old and is obsessive with being held, touched, loved.... attention and affection hog!

She however, must not know she's a duck because she either runs, or tries to attach my male!!!

She only wants her mama (me) or her best buddy (my daughter). She's the same breed as my male and I raised them the same except I raised 2 males together from hatch... and she was alone for 2 weeks in the house before I put her in a pen NEXT to the other ducks. I just don't get it myself?! I suppose they all just have different personalities.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom