Unheard of breed of chicken.

Papa Rooster

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 15, 2010
A friend of mine has recently bought a breed of chickens that he calls hennys. He says they are from britain and they usually dont come through the chicken auctions that we go 2 every week. he bought them for a pretty good price. he says they are a old fighting breed that was banned by some people because the rooster looks just like the hen and the other rooster wont fight back, hence the name. ive tried finding them on the internet but cant. can any1 tell me more about them.

Last edited:
Are you thinking of the sebright? Because the males genetically have the soft, fluffy 'hen feathers' rather than sickle feathers in other roosters.

He's talking about Henny Gamefowl. I don't know anything about them personally, but there are several folks on here who do. Try posting in one of the Game breed threads.
smile.png

Quote:
I would also include "jenny gamefowl" in the thread title. That way you get the right people paying attention to educate all of us about something ne.

Hennies are simply a genetic quirk that some families of game fowl carry, that the cocks come henny feathered. It isn't that uncommon. I can't tell u much about them as I don't keep hennies but I know several ppl they do, they just don't frequent this board. Ask this on the American game thread, u will get more info there

Last edited:
i dont care about getting them because i dont fight chickens. i have a seperate coop filled with game chickens and hens but when they hatch them out i usually just get rid of them except about 8. depending on the gender and size will i keep them after 5 months. it was just a new thing that ive never seen before and i wanted 2 know if they were good or not.

Normally I would post the information, but this forum would probably delete my post because them being a gamefowl breed they do have some fighting conversation in the history of them. So, I encourage you to google "Ultimatefowl Wikipedia" go to "Game fowl breeds" and look for the page "Hennies". Without my post getting deleted, it is the only way I can think of passing along the info.

That page probably contains about all of the info you will find on hennies, they are a rare fowl typically and not many people know very much on them I don't believe.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom