Unidentified Not-Quite-Flying Objects

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Summerlin, May 1, 2009.

1. Summerlin

Summerlin Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    The first photo is of my oldest, which came to me as a companion for the little guy who had the splayed leg, so I didn't really get any info on it.

The next two pics are of the two youngest I have; they're supposed to be Frizzles.

I've got a fourth chick that I need to find a decent pic of to post. He also has feathered feet..

Any info/suggestions on breeds/genders/colors would be greatly appreciated. I resized the pics smaller than what I had; I hope I did it right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Well the only thing that I can really help with is that I think that the top one is a pullet. Lovely birds!
    jenny

3. Summerlin

May 1, 2009
    Duh..if I'd looked one more row down, I would have seen the last pic I needed. lol

This little yellow guy is my fourth..as I said before, he does have feathered feet.

Sorry about the quality of the pics..they're all from the phone-cam. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    The first one is a cochin. The ones in the next 2 pics are silkies, not frizzles.

5. Summerlin

May 1, 2009
    Quote:Thank you, Jenny [​IMG]

6. Summerlin

May 1, 2009
    Quote::squealing:

Oh, I hope you're right (not that I doubt you) about the first one. Cochin was my guess, and what I was hoping for!

I'm thrilled with both of your answers, actually. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if the little ones were Frizzles, but I'd been wanting Silkies, so this is a pleasant surprise. [​IMG]

Do you (or anybody else) have any gender guesses?

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    The silkies are too young to sex, you should be able to tell in a few months.

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:like 6....

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    or more

10. Summerlin

May 1, 2009
    Thanks for the responses, everybody!

Also, I have a pic of the new chick that came home last night. He has dark legs/feet like the two Silkies, but his legs aren't feathered. He's so funny looking. lol He's very calm and sweet. His legs seem much sturdier, more stout than those of the other two little ones.
    [​IMG]

A pic of the new guy (you can't really see him, he's in the back) and the other two I have that were previously ID'd as Silkies and are roughly the same age. I thought they all came in the same shipment, but I guess maybe the new guy got mixed in with the shipment at some point.
    [​IMG]

And this is the other one..my fourth chick that I still don't have a clue about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by