Unincorporated Pierce county Washington. Has the law changed?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by krazycricket21, Mar 25, 2011.

1. krazycricket21

krazycricket21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Roy
    Does anyone have any news on this?
    ~A

2. Fool

Fool Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2011
  3. krazycricket21

krazycricket21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Roy
    Thank you for the links, i have left a message and hope to hear from them Monday.

Thanx again,
    ~A

1 person likes this.
  4. AquaJen

AquaJen New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    I know this is an old thread but what was determined? Im having a heck of a time deciphering what Im allowed.

5. toriehigh

toriehigh New Egg

Aug 4, 2015
    I'm in unincorporated Pierce County too, and one of my neighbors just lodged a noise complaint about my chickens. (Rather than talking to me directly, of course!) so, although I looked it up before I got chickens, I'm now scrambling to find what I read that made me think I could have quite a few. I'm confused because they classify areas as urban or rural, and now I'm wondering if they'd call my neighborhood urban, when I thought it was rural. I want to make sure I've got my facts straight before I call the animal control officer back. Any information/advice would be appreciated!

6. wingedshade

wingedshade Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2016
    Delta junction, Alaska
    Your county clerk/ local city hall should have the zoning info for your area. They might also have info on any chicken related ordinances. If it did change from rural to urban after you got the chickens you might be grandfathered in too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by