Unincorporated Pinellas county Florida

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by jdywntr, Dec 21, 2011.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    For those of you in unincorporated Pinellas county, the county commissiones voted to allow chickens!!!!!!!! You can have 4. My lovely elderly neighbor who has known that I have the girls left the article at my door today.

Now my girls are legal. I had mistakenly thought I was okay a year ago as the city I live in allows chickens but I technically live in the county.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localg...d-chickens-though-no-roosters-allowed/1207197

Here is a link to the notice.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Ha! It's about time! They didn't like my one chicken back in the '70s!

3. tp70731

tp70731 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2011
    Potomac Md
    My Coop
    congrats. outlaw to innocent!

4. DoulaHallie

DoulaHallie Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    Woot chicken shopping as I type!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. hydromom

hydromom New Egg

Jan 13, 2012
    Congratulations to everyone who worked on getting this passed! I'm a resident of northern Pinellas County and I have never raised chickens before. I have been researching chicken care on the internet and at my local library, but it would be really helpful if I could see some chickens/coops in person and talk to people who are raising chickens in the Tampa Bay area. Are there any social clubs/groups out there? Does anyone know if the cooperative extension or another organization will be holding classes? Thanks!

6. fireeyes

fireeyes Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    1st Pinellas County Chicken Swap is April 1,2012. It is posted on BYC. If you cannot find it --it is also on Facebook.

Lisa ( also in Pinellas County)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by