Unique chicken coops in CA

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by nordahlbunch, Jul 21, 2010.

1. nordahlbunch

nordahlbunch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    California
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Those are soooo cute, and not really badly priced. I was looking at ones that weren't half that adorable for way more money. Of course all the little extras add up but if you can shingle and paint yourself, it's not bad.
    I didn't see anything about sizes...... I really like how they said that 4 out of 5 chickens prefer their coop. Too funny.

3. babyblue

babyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    for the size they dont seem too bad a price to me. around here premades go for high hundreds to thousands of dollars.

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

325$ isn't bad at all - I would just get it at the 325$ and then paint and shingle myself 1. your colors 2. cheaper 10-20$ can of paint, and around here I could get the shingles to roof that for less than 40$ [​IMG]

It would be too cute to have a back yard with 2 or 3 of these things lol and have a little chicken village. I could see Martha RIR hen visiting Mary the BR hen next door to borrow a cup of scratch [​IMG]

5. dixie&trixie

dixie&trixie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Yreka California
    Wow...I LOVE them!! [​IMG] Reddings not too far from me. Certainly worth the drive. Now...how to convince the boyfriend....hmmmmmm..... [​IMG]

6. HurlyBurly

HurlyBurly New Egg

Jul 16, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I don't see any dimensions mentioned, but the main coop space seems to be in the 3' x 4' range.

Going by the space requirements mentioned around here that's a cozy fit for 3 - 4 birds, but they seem to have 8 nest boxes in each coop.

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have seen them on our local CL, i guess the guy ships them too. They are WAY cute but i imagine pretty pricey for most with shipping and all. If i was local it wouldnt be that bad though... especially with the price of lumber/plywood going up lately!! [​IMG]

8. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Wow those are really nice. I LOVE the barn shaped one.

10. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    aren't the inside / under the coop ladders way to steep and butted against the run fence?
    (honest question)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by