Unique ideas that work like a charm

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by MeghanChickLady, Oct 27, 2014.

1. MeghanChickLady

MeghanChickLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2014
    Post your unique and amazing gardening ideas below, and I`ll post some myself, starting with these:

Take some old hay bales, line em` up, and spray em down with water. Do this about three days. Then spread powdered blood meal over em and spread a tarp over them, leave it ten days. Take it off, spray it down, and plant your seeds or already potted plants. You no longer need to bend over or weed the plants. Works awesomely.

Take pallets and staple cloth over on side. Fill with dirt and miracle gro(or whatever mixture you prefer). Set down on hill, ground, wherever you want it, and plant. NO weeds can grow in te plant as they are block off from below. My mom loves it.

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Use those plastic "tarp like" feed bags for the above project.

I've not tried it, but may use some of those feed bags for "plant pot bags" next summer. Fold over the bottom a couple of inches to make it more stable, poke a few holes in the bottom for drainage, fill with soil, roll down the top, plant your seeds or seedlings. Be sure to put it exactly where you want it, because you won't be moving it!!!

3. MeghanChickLady

MeghanChickLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2014
    Great idea! I`ll have to try!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by