United Arab Emirates - Gulf States and Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by desertchook, Jan 19, 2015.

1. desertchook

desertchook New Egg

Jan 18, 2015
    Greetings from Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have just started my backyard flock with 4 hens described as "local Arabic chickens." I have no additional information about them. I would love to hear from other people in the Gulf Coast Countries or UAE if there are others like me on this forum. I welcome insights and advice on raising chickens in very hot, humid conditions - especially as summer approaches and weather reaches 120 degrees or more. I'm very happy to have found this group and loom forward to learning from you all. Here is a photo of one of my "local chickens." Please comment if you have any thoughts on her breed or her age. Thank you![​IMG]

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Come on over and say hello in the peafowl forum sometime, there are a couple of people there that live in Pakistan and Kuwait that might be able to give advice on keeping poultry in a hot climate.

Peafowl forum:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/51/peafowl

-Kathy

Edited to add:
    Nice looking hen!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. Spring-Chicken

Spring-Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2014
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Hello and :welcome :)

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    [​IMG]

Welcome, I like to tell everyone I meet at the feed store about Back Yard Chickens.com

In fact I write on the back of the business cards I had printed up years ago, by Vista Print.

I understand the heat can be brutal on some breeds, just like the cold can be brutal on others.

I believe the Mediterranean breeds do best in the heat.

Of course I don't keep them here in the cold. I prefer heavy breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by