United Aviary Registry

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by EweSheep, Feb 11, 2008.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Check it out.....what do you guys think of having pedigreed chickens???? Thats a start but something tells me we would need to DNA ID our poultry to make sure we are not ripping people off or getting birds that is a show champion and it found out it was not.....

http://www.avianregistry.com/About.htm

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Is any chicken really a pure breed?

Look how many different 'breeds' we have now that are used to cross to get the desired traits and features. We here in the states have not even begun to get the breed traits they have in over in the UK. It takes crossing a wyandotte with the orps for one feature and a speckled sussex with the orps to get the pattern traits for the jubilee orpington. And on and on and on. that is not pure.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Good point Miss Prissy!

Be nice if they can have a registry for mixed breeds....like the EE crosses that most of us dealt with.

I have to do alot of research on this to see if it is worthwhile. Most of the purists breeders do not outcross to another breed so I am certain there is a small pool of them. Some of us are that way too!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I fired off several questions about this registry and if they were part of NAIS program or not [​IMG]

There is a special promotion NO FEES for single bird registration applications.

I hope to hear from UAR soon! Will let you know about their works and if they would accept "mutts".

I think Bama Chicken and SpeckledHen got some pedigreed birds LOL! Names and origin that is!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by