Universal Health Care Passes House

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  2. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Don't forget that the Senate has to vote on it yet, but the way it's all going it's like it already passed.

I'm surprised you think it won't affect you. Your taxes and everyone else's are gonna go up and the quality of healthcare is gonna go down.

3. This is SUCH a political thing. Every one is going to have an opinion.

4. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    I'll bite.

As one of those people with "preexisting conditions" I hope it's a good thing. For a couple of years I felt trapped in my horrible job, because if I left, I was afraid I'd never find insurance again. As for my taxes going up a bit, to tell you the truth, I'm fine with it. But only if it means that uninsurable people will now get adequate coverage. I feel the same with my taxes going to schools, if it directly helps kids get a better education, I'm willing to fork over a little extra money.

There's my two cents. [​IMG]

edited because I've obviously drank too much coffee and can't focus enough to spell check.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I didn't mention the taxes, but I am curious about the "public option" Right now I am downloading 2,000 pages of the bill to read as a .pdf file. I don't understand all the last minute changes. Also, according to what I have read so far, with my income, I probably qualify for subsidized insurance anyways. Guess what I am paying for won't be needed [​IMG]

I am going to try to keep the political out of this though, Because I'd like the thread to stay open. I am curious how people feel it will effect them if it passes the senate next without going into a humongous debate.

6. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Yeah, I'm paying through the nose because of "pre-existing" conditions. Guess that's what happens when you have a stroke and one of your kids spent a year with chemo and radiation. [​IMG]

I would have liked to see that the "pre-existing condition" thingy go away anyways though.

7. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    I am intersted to see what happens to it in the us i think in canada it is a bit over willeming one, we are short on doc's ER's are closeing once a month. it's nice in some ways and in others it is not,

8. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    Quote:That's a good Idea. To read it for yourself. With everyone throwing around scare tactics
    people do not know what to believe. Hopefully it won't cost any one there jobs in the insurance Industry
    As a country we can't afford to lose any more jobs.

9. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

WASHINGTON – The glow from a health care triumph faded quickly for President Barack Obama on Sunday as Democrats realized the bill they fought so hard to pass in the House has nowhere to go in the Senate.​

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am interested in knowing the cost to EMPLOYERS. I don't pay a cent for my insurance now, but could that change if their costs rise? Probably. I have not heard very many good things about this plan. I am really hoping, for 90% of Americans with pre-existing conditions, that this a good thing.

I mean really?? How does one get to 40 years old and NOT have a pre-existing condition??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by