Unknow Bantam chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by StarryEyzz, Apr 16, 2012.

1. StarryEyzz

StarryEyzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Granite Falls, WA
    We let our nephew pick out two chicks, at our local co-op, to add to our brooder. (we now have 6 total). He picked one out of the Bantam "tub". I know there were three kinds in there, but got sidetracked and forgot to find out what exact kind she was!

Any ideas? She does have feathers on her feet. (obviously its the little one in the pics.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Probably a white Cochin

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    x2. They make excellent pets, your nephew did a good job! Good luck with them :)

4. StarryEyzz

StarryEyzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Granite Falls, WA
    YEAH!

We had originally picked out 4 various ones. After we got them home I found out what they were. Well various colors except white. I really wanted a white hen! When we took my nephew to pick out two more, I kept directing him towards the Delaware pen but he wouldn't have any of those. So I gave up and forgot to find out what he actually picked out. So feeling good I got my white hen. LOL

5. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looks like a White Bantam Cochin. Keep an eye on it, bantams are usually sold straight run so it might turn out to be a cockerel. It sure is a cutie! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by