Unknow chicken disease. Please help identify.

salman90

Hatching
Jul 16, 2021
Hello,

I had a flock of 550 chickens. They are now 22 days old. But for last one week i am losing 2-3 chickens everyday. Today i have done post mortem of 2 chicks that died today. Please note that i gave the IBD vaccine 2nd dose two days ago.

All the chickens look healthy during day time. But everyday i find dead chicken in the morning. Please help me identify the disease by looking at the post mortem gut pictures.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 20220125_113155.jpg
    20220125_113155.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220125_113148.jpg
    20220125_113148.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 1
Hello,

I had a flock of 550 chickens. They are now 22 days old. But for last one week i am losing 2-3 chickens everyday. Today i have done post mortem of 2 chicks that died today. Please note that i gave the IBD vaccine 2nd dose two days ago.

All the chickens look healthy during day time. But everyday i find dead chicken in the morning. Please help me identify the disease by looking at the post mortem gut pictures.

Thanks a lot.
How are you keeping these birds? Brooder size, heat source, etc.
What are you feeding them?

What is your location in the world? Do the birds have a heat source? At this age, coccidiosis could be a possibility. That is treated with amprollium (Corid,) sulfonamides, or toltrazuril, depending on where you are located. Are any birds having diarrhea or blood in droppings? Is there any respiratory distress or gasping? In some parts of the world, Newcastles disease is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom