Unknown Bantam Roo Please Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WiseAcreBantams, Dec 26, 2011.

1. WiseAcreBantams

WiseAcreBantams Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi all!!

So I know he's a boy (he crows and chases the girls around [​IMG] )

However I just have no clue what he might be? A cross perhaps? Anyone have any ideas??

[​IMG]

2. bantiehen

bantiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    not 100 % sure but he almost looks like a pyncheon not sure though I sent his picture to a friend of mine. He could be a pyncheon x. Like I said I don't know so [​IMG] maybe my friend can help.

3. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    There are a few different breed that have the Mille Fleur color pattern. From reading the Pyncheon has a crest. The d Uccle can come in that color, but have feather legs and beards. Dutch and Old English also can come in that color. Those are just the breeds that I know of, there could be more or some in the works. If he is pure I would lean more toward the Dutch or Old English variety, more so the Dutch. He could be a cross that resembles the color.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    mille fluer oegb cross, he has white ear lobes which oegb do not. heres my oegb domino

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. WiseAcreBantams

WiseAcreBantams Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    He came with 2 Dutch Roo's and 3 Dutch hens ... (ones you see in back ground). I'll check into some of the breeds mentioned this far (thank you everyone). [​IMG]

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Hes a Dutch.

Chris

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Anyone else notice his horrible leg mites? It almost looks like a part of his foot is broken [​IMG]
    One of those feet looks terrible! My first thought was a d'uccle cross.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  8. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:if he came with the dutch then he's more than likly a mille dutch [​IMG]

9. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:it looks that way...looks like he has crooked toes [​IMG]

10. rooster1964

rooster1964 New Egg

Dec 23, 2011
    in all my years raising chickens i would have to leen towards the dutch bantam. also if i'm looking at the picture right he may have leg mites , a little vasaline for a few days will help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by