Unknown breed(Mixed apparently) rooster which is very small in size

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Ameer894, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Ameer894

Ameer894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2013
    hello everybody
    I have these two roosters that I thought at first one of them is a chicken as the man who sold them to me said.
    I'm really sick, I'm thinking seriously about getting red of them by slaughtering them!
    The problem is that they are minimum 6 months old, but they don't look like roosters at all.
    They are so small [​IMG] in size, never crowing or even trying to (One of them I don't remember I have heard his voice until now, and the other emits sounds like chicken does) !!
    In addition, their combs are so small comparing any other rooster [​IMG]

On the other hand, I have a rooster which is about 3 months old but started practicing to crow...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last picture is my young rooster ( 3 weeks ago , at the middle) and he had even got bigger ..

So do any of you have an idea about these 2 roosters?
    And regarding the young one, do you think he will have beautiful colors?

Thnx a lot

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    How long have you personally had the top, small bird? He's definitely a rooster, but doesn't look near 6 months old. Either that, or he's ill. That pale comb does not look like a healthy rooster.
    He appears to be a mixed breed bantam rooster, he's full grown or pretty close. Bantam chickens average 1/5 the size of large fowl.

the second red bird looks to be a mixed breed rooster. Can't tell more than that from the pic.

The last guy will probably be quite pretty. He looks to have some barring in his background, and that bit of reddish color on his wings you see will increase as he gets older. If you search for images of black sex link roosters you'll have an idea--your guy looks lighter than most of them, but a general idea of what he'll look like.

3. TheRoostergirl

TheRoostergirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    That brown chook looks pale in the face and does it have a curled tail if it does its a mix breed rooster

4. Ameer894

Oct 26, 2013
    Thanks a lot
    You really helped me!
    But still, why they are like this(so small and have so little pale combs)? they are such a grace !!

Can I eat them[​IMG]? I mean is it risky to eat a probably sick roosters?

5. Ameer894

Oct 26, 2013
    These are new pictures. .. as you see the two roosters hadn't changed. But the young one(God bless) is growing very fast !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TheRoostergirl

Oct 22, 2013
    probably because theyre bantam mix and only young seems like there getting bigger though :) I also recommend not eating them they look sick and you shouldn't really eat roosters hens are better to eat.besides it is extreemly risky to eat a sick chicken

7. TheRoostergirl

Oct 22, 2013
    that brown oneis defenatly a rooster and a mix of isa brown and something black:)

8. Ameer894

Oct 26, 2013
    Wow I was insane!
    I threw them away ....
    I don't know how could I even imagine to eat them after I saw this disgusting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by