unknown breed, need some help :) pictures

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ilovemychook24, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ilovemychook24

ilovemychook24 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    this is my old rooster,
    he was absolutely EVIL, (kicking holes in the heads of me, mum and the farmer next door and breaking out of coop to do so)
    but he made the best babies :3
    infact he made all my favourites (dare i have favourites from all my beautiful birds)
    and well my absolute favourite had passed this year, iron man was her name, yes i know strange name
    she had eaten a large quantity of rat poison off my fathers farm and passed away (sadly i dont have any pictures of her)
    so i want you guys to help me [​IMG]
    i am going to try to re-create my girl [​IMG]..... and to do this i'm going to start by recreating my roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i dont know what breed he is and i would love some suggestions as to what you guys think he might be, i do understand that he is probably a mutt but i would love if you guys could help me guess what hes made up of

when we first got him we had him with a flock of 5 ex-battery either RIR's or Isa browns

[​IMG]
    this was our first batch of babies all fertilized by him
    and from that batch came iron mans mommy (honey)!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i only have pictures of the mommy when she went broody and about 4 weeks later when she went broody again a fox took her right before my eyes v.v

iron man had the colouring of a brown welsummer but her bodyshape and apperance was quite different, she had a short average tail instead of a long thin one and she had a rosecomb and she had that cute little fluffly butt ^__^ her colouring was a little lighter aswell towards the neck but about the same. she was short as an adult and as a chick was a dark brown. for a long time i thought she was a boy until she laid me very cute small eggs.

gee i miss her :\\

your help will be much appreciated [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    Looks like he's maybe got some wyandotte in him? That duckwing coloring could come from an OEGB? Maybe throw a SL wyandotte roo over some production reds or isa browns and see what you get for starters?

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    He looks like silver laced wyandotte cross for sure to me, too. No idea what the other half is. He got his silver/gold duckwing and partial lacing coloring and the strange looking comb from the SLW half, though. Since your girl had welsummer coloring, you could try crossing a brown leghorn with a SLW and see what you get. [​IMG] I think that might be right on now that I think about it. That might be where he got the gold wings while the rest of him is silver with partial lacing. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  4. ilovemychook24

ilovemychook24 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    thankyou so much! [​IMG]
    now that i look at it that looks exactly right
    Iron man had alot of lacing and i'm guessing that came from wyandotte in dad
    i reckon i might do the sliver laced wyandotte roo with a RIR hen and if that doesnt work i'll try with the brown leghorn, i reckon that sounds good, i cant thankyou guys enough [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by