Unknown Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JDS123, Oct 21, 2010.

1. JDS123

JDS123 New Egg

Oct 21, 2010
    Hello Everyone; This May Sound Strange Or Stupid, However I Am At A Loss. Several Months Ago, I Was Searching The Internet For Rare Chicken Breeds Of The World And Found One That I Had Never Heard Of. I Forgot The Name Of It And Now Can Not Find The Web Site Or Any Info On It. It Is Supposed To Be A Very Rare And Endangered Chicken And Thought To Be Extinct. It Measures About 4 Feet Tall With Characteristics Of Crane Or Herring. It Is Supposed To Be A Flightless Chicken. I Have Asked All Around, But No One Has Ever Heard Of A Bird Like This. Everyone Says There Is No Such Bird. The Bird In The Picture Was All Black. Please Help.

2. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
  3. bruinfan

bruinfan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    I know of the Malay fowl which is very large, they fet to be about 3 feet tall. There is another breed of fowl that is even bigger and looks MEAN!!! I can't remember the name but if I do locate the name I will let you know. As to how rare these breeds are I can not speculate. Check out the pic at this website. The bird is huge: http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7978740&start=0

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  4. Sandy16

Sandy16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    Atlanta
  5. bruinfan

bruinfan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by