Unknown Breed

JDS123

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 21, 2010
Hello Everyone; This May Sound Strange Or Stupid, However I Am At A Loss. Several Months Ago, I Was Searching The Internet For Rare Chicken Breeds Of The World And Found One That I Had Never Heard Of. I Forgot The Name Of It And Now Can Not Find The Web Site Or Any Info On It. It Is Supposed To Be A Very Rare And Endangered Chicken And Thought To Be Extinct. It Measures About 4 Feet Tall With Characteristics Of Crane Or Herring. It Is Supposed To Be A Flightless Chicken. I Have Asked All Around, But No One Has Ever Heard Of A Bird Like This. Everyone Says There Is No Such Bird. The Bird In The Picture Was All Black. Please Help.

I know of the Malay fowl which is very large, they fet to be about 3 feet tall. There is another breed of fowl that is even bigger and looks MEAN!!! I can't remember the name but if I do locate the name I will let you know. As to how rare these breeds are I can not speculate. Check out the pic at this website. The bird is huge: http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7978740&start=0

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom