Unknown chicken and sex

cfocats

Hatching
Dec 23, 2021
Hello all, I have 2 bantam chickens and one is definitely a rooster, comb, waddles and crows, but I have another that does not have the comb or waddles, and I figured it to be a hen. The reason for my question is that I see the two of them fighting occasionally like 2 roosters would and I think that I have 2 roosters and looking for some help on if the white/brn one is a rooster for sure. when they fight, they both buck up and stick their necks out. never seen a hen do that, they normally just run away. thanks for any help
20211222_152836[1].jpg

Hello all, I have 2 bantam chickens and one is definitely a rooster, comb, waddles and crows, but I have another that does not have the comb or waddles, and I figured it to be a hen. The reason for my question is that I see the two of them fighting occasionally like 2 roosters would and I think that I have 2 roosters and looking for some help on if the white/brn one is a rooster for sure. when they fight, they both buck up and stick their necks out. never seen a hen do that, they normally just run away. thanks for any help
View attachment 2937411
The lighter colored bird looks like a hen.
A better photo would help though!
One of my hens does this to my rooster, she can’t stand him!😊

If you only have one pullet, she may get tired of him trying to mate and fights him off. If you only have the pair he will need two more females.

Thank you for feedback, other than fighting, it is not trying to mate any of of my other hens like the red one. It's funny to watch him chase one of my RI reds around.

Back
Top Bottom