Unknown Disease

CKfarm22

Crowing
Jul 8, 2021
Central NJ
I have a year old poorly bred barred rock. The last egg she laid was a soft shell egg Jan 5. Last week she had diarrhea that looked like scrambled eggs, i’ve been giving her calcium citrate pills that seemed to work for only a couple days. The past week she’s been very lethargic, not eating, not drinking, kind of staying in one spot, the tips of her comb is blue/purple, she has yellow/whitish stuff on her butt feathers by her vent. (i don’t have any roosters) Last night she was in the run, sleeping standing up with her head in the feeder. She chooses to sleep on the floor instead of roosting with the others. She doesn’t freak out when i pick her up like she normally does. We have a vet appointment next tuesday, but i want to hear what other people say this could be because i honestly have no idea. Please help, the photo i added is her sleeping with her head in the feeder for maybe 20-30 minutes

Attachments

• AF21E622-2575-48D0-9561-CAFACCDB9A4B.jpeg
    AF21E622-2575-48D0-9561-CAFACCDB9A4B.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 8
She needs to be treated with antibiotics, such as amoxicillin (Aqua Zole) online or enrofloxacin from Jedds.Most likely has a reproductive infection. You can get both of those online without a prescription, but if a vet can get those sooner, it would help.

She needs to be treated with antibiotics, such as amoxiciliin (Aqua Zole) or enrofloxacin. Most likely has a reproductive infection. You can get both of those online without a prescription, but if a vet can get those sooner, it would help.
In the condition she’s in, do you think she’s going to make it with antibiotics?

Back
Top Bottom