Unlimited funds chicken coop

Mavrik

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
If you had unlimited funds to custom build a chicken coop what would you have in it? Pictures, drawings welcome.
This is not an entertainment thread, need ideas. I've had chickens for many years.

Concrete slab floor - rodent proof, predator proof, stain proof, easy to clean, holds constant temperature
Sidewalls with lower 12" concrete - same as above, plus if would help contain deep litter better than wood walls.
Interior sidewalls above concrete covered with FRP, like commercial bathroom walls - waterproof, stain proof, easy to clean, pre-colored and durable
Interior ceiling covered in FRP, with dustproof recessed lighting, dimmable, with timer.
Framed exterior walls, with insulation, exterior pre-painted metal siding
Insulated ceiling, with painted metal roofing, 4' overhang, to provide shade and weather protection for operable windows.
Automatic watering system.
Electrical outlets, inside and out, with weatherproof covers. Motion detector exterior lighting
Feeders and nest boxes, fillable and accessible from outside of coop and run. Feeders should hold 60#, so I can refill, before completely empty.
Coop should be divided into al least three separate sections, with individual walk in doors, pop doors and runs, for each - brooding, breed separation for breeding, etc.
Automatic pop doors, timer programmable
Fully covered runs, with metal roofing
Remote cameras

Interesting, some things I didn't think of here like the FRP and 4' roof overhang. I like the recessed lighting idea too. I was also thinking of a work/storage area with sink for cleaning auto water bowls, pasty butts and doing first aid. My present coop has some of the other stuff like auto; water system (with heater), pop door, lights and power outlets, 5 cameras, 300 pound feed hoppers, cooling.

Back
Top Bottom