Unofficial “Poll”

micstrachan

Addict
8 Years
Apr 10, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Hi everyone,
I am curious about our demographics on BYC. If you like, please share:

• Do you work full time outside of the home?

• Do you have kids (that you are responsible for) at home?

I love this site and would like to contribute more, but I just do what I can and when I can, since my answer is “yes” to both questions. I also access the site from my phone over 95% of the time.:)

I'm a retired grandmother.

My time is pretty much my own and very flexible. My grandson is in school but I do the afternoon pick up and after school activities with him while mom and dad are working.

My grandson's 8. He's interested enough in the chickens so long as I'm out there with him keeping up the dialogue about what they're up to. And he'll check for eggs happily enough. When it comes to anything like cleaning out the coop or providing food and water I'm pretty much on my own.

Not full time but 2 of my 3 jobs are outside the home.

A son aged 16. He pretty much looks after himself though! He’s at that age where parents are embarrassing & he doesn’t want his hand holding anymore!

I work 3 jobs, 2 part time. One job is 11 hours a day and the other two are 4-5 hours a day.

The only "kids" I have are the other animals (Dogs, cats, rabbits, goats, horses, + of course poultry) but not human kids.

I used to contribute scores of comments daily, but recently I've had to get another job to help pay for medical and veterinary bills. So my activity here has really dropped to maybe 5 comments a week.

Not full time but 2 of my 3 jobs are outside the home.

A son aged 16. He pretty much looks after himself though! He’s at that age where parents are embarrassing & he doesn’t want his hand holding anymore!
I have a 17 year old and a 14 year old, so I can relate to that!

I work 3 jobs, 2 part time. One job is 11 hours a day and the other two are 4-5 hours a day.

The only "kids" I have are the other animals (Dogs, cats, rabbits, goats, horses, + of course poultry) but not human kids.

I used to contribute scores of comments daily, but recently I've had to get another job to help pay for medical and veterinary bills. So my activity here has really dropped to maybe 5 comments a week.

Wow, you are busy! Do you sleep? ;)

Do you care for al those animals yourself?

No I'm a stay at home mum at the moment. However we are renovating our barn / house which is a full time job and more! Also involved in our local community association so I run a stitch and bitch group once a week and I'm currently co-ordinator for the village Christmas market which is starting to keep me busy! I'm hoping to go back to work part time in the new year if I can get my midwifery qualifications sorted out here.

I've got a 17 yo, 12 yo and 3 yo boys! They are all in schools in 3 different towns, the eldest 25 km away with no bus. We do car pooling with another family but still means an hour at least of the day sucked up on that one school run!

Back
Top Bottom