Unofficial BYC Poll: Where do you get your chicks from?

Where do you get your chicks from?

• Total voters
Mostly from Tractor Supply Co., though we got our first batch of guinea keets from a guy on Craigslist.
TSC had keets this year, though, and we got three to keep Spook company.

We'd like to know!

why?

are you looking to purchase chicks? If so, the closest hatchery you can drive to is best. Less stress on the chicks. We’ve mail ordered a few times. On batch all DOA - likely mishandling in transit. Another time a few died within first few days. Most recent shipment, all healthy, continuing to grow.

if you buy at TSC, or similar farm store, they take the dead/sick chick losses.

just google “chick hatchery near me” or in x state, and you might be surprised at what is close to you.

are you looking for a specific breed?

why?

are you looking to purchase chicks? If so, the closest hatchery you can drive to is best. Less stress on the chicks. We’ve mail ordered a few times. On batch all DOA - likely mishandling in transit. Another time a few died within first few days. Most recent shipment, all healthy, continuing to grow.

just google “chick hatchery near me” or in x state, and you might be surprised at what is close to you.

Where did you buy from? Usualy hatchery have a pretty good survival rate with chicks. I wanted to but from a hatchery this year, but instead we bought mos from TSC, some from a chick mill, and 2 from family farm and home.

why?

I was wanting to start up a poll, and I had to add a message to start it. Really dumb reason, but it's true.

Back
Top Bottom