((Ended!)šŸ“ Whatā€™s The Weirdest Spot Your Hen Has Laid An Egg? šŸ“ (CONTEST!)

Did you read the Rules (if you didnā€™t itā€™s ok)

• Total voters
Pics

CHlCKEN

Addict
Jun 21, 2020
Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
The Contest has Ended! Results will be posted Soon!
==============================

It may not be official but nothingā€™s stopping me from doing this! :woot

We all have that chicken who pecks through the holes in our crocs
The one who refuses to even look at the expensive toy you bought them
The one who looks like she was run over by a lawnmower when she molts
And of course the hen who just ā€œisnā€™t like the other chickensā€ and deems it necessary to lay her eggs in the most ridiculous and stupid places that she manages to find (aka: not the nest box)

Well turns out it wasnā€™t all that bad because now you can get back at her and embarrass that hen by entering her in this unofficial contest for the most Crazy Spots your hen has laid!

=====================
In this contest, you can enter a picture or story of the strangest place your chicken has ever laid an egg. We all need to give a round of applause for those chickens who managed to find the most absurd places. I had a chicken lay an egg on a jet-ski everyday for 6 months. Whatā€™s the weirdest place your chicken has ever laid?

RULES (Those things that your supposed to read and tell you what to do):

+Read the rules
+Please only one entry per post!
+You may enter as many times as you want! There should never be a limit on revenge
+If you choose to enter a photo at least add a brief description like ā€œThis is Bella laying her egg on top of the feederā€
+You donā€™t have to include a photo! If you choose not to, just enter a story
+If your post is an entry, help me out by starting it with the word ā€œEntryā€
+This end on November 25th (this could change)
========================
Ready?
Set?
EMBARRASS YOUR HENS!

Last edited:
Entry / Story...

I have a Silkie that has repeatedly laid eggs in our gas firepit... she gets in between the logs and is pretty private... maybe the charcoal looks like eggs? Dunno. Always funny. In TX so have not turned on put yet in front of the hens.

Would love to see her reaction when she sees her little private spot in flames. :lau

Last edited:
Hmm...well, for quite some time, I stopped getting eggs from my Easter Egger, Yuki, and my Rhode Island Red, Ponyo. I thought they had taken to laying in the forest...again. But one day, after several months, as I was taking my two large kayaks that were under my deck and lying on their sides, I heard an awfully odd cracking sound within - a lot of cracking sounds, and something was rolling around inside. Imagine my surprise when both kayaks were full of eggs!

Bob. Polish hen, dumb as rocks.
Layed in the nest boxes every time. UNLESS my shop door was open. Sheā€™d sneak inside, and lay in whatever was in the corner of my workbench. Box, five gallon bucket setting upright, oil drain pan with 1/4ā€ used oil in it.

One of the best days Iā€™ve had chicken wrangling is when that one was no longer on my property.

Bob. Polish hen, dumb as rocks.
Layed in the nest boxes every time. UNLESS my shop door was open. Sheā€™d sneak inside, and lay in whatever was in the corner of my workbench. Box, five gallon bucket setting upright, oil drain pan with 1/4ā€ used oil in it.

One of the best days Iā€™ve had chicken wrangling is when that one was no longer on my property.
What can you say, she just wasnā€™t like the other hens

(And we can take that to a litteral stance if I question why on earth her name was Bob :lol:

Entry

I had an extra bag of pine bedding I tossed up on the chickens food bin. I figured they wouldnā€™t mess with it then and poop all over it. Imagine my surprise when I go to collect eggs and see my daughters California white chicken sitting up there.
6A4EA4A2-CAD5-404E-8C7B-9763C5C01A9B.jpeg

She moves and I see two eggs from my black sexlinks.
DE572295-2710-48C6-BDBE-1ED688DDD232.jpeg

I come back later and find a barred rock up there toošŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
66ED9A7D-E0A4-4AC3-9B09-84864DFC6638.jpeg

Now Iā€™ve had enough. I place a bucket on its side on top of the bag of bedding. This will work......not.
B2174F72-6AED-424B-BC4C-5BFB2E1B207F.jpeg

Another sexlink decided she was going to lay her egg inside the bucketšŸ˜† What is wrong with the perfectly good nest boxes girls?!

Back
Top Bottom