Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Weeg

Crowing
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
Wondering what I’s best, planning on adding it to my first aid kit to be prepared! Give the brand of what you use, and a link if possible! I apologize for misspelling any of the solutions! Thanks!
PS. What are these solutions good for?

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
I think it depends on the wound and how long it has to be used. Saline is fine if it is a clean wound or after disinfectants have been used repeatedly. Water is okay as a substitute in an emergency, but saline is isotonic or the same salt content of blood. Chlorhexidene 2% is very good for initial disinfecting a dirty or infected wound, injury, or animal bite. Hibiclens is 4% chlorhexidene and can be used with water to weaken it. Chlorhexidene 2% is found in some feed stores and online. If I didn’t have that I would use Betadine and water, but it can prevent wound healing or be toxic if used repeatedly. Vetericyn although very overpriced is safe and can be used to clean the wounds and keep them moisturized while healing. It is safe if it gets in the eyes. I would prefer Chlorhexidene initially for a dirty wound, but it is fine afterward. Here is a link for Chlorhexidene at a good price:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...erjam&utm_medium=affiliate&clickId=3303212272

Last edited:

Weeg

Crowing
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
I think it depends on the wound and how long it has to be used. Saline is fine if it is a clean wound or after disinfectants have been used repeatedly. Water is okay as a substitute in an emergency, but saline is isotonic or the same salt content of nlood. Chlorhexidene 2% is very good for initial disinfecting a dirty or infected wound, injury, or animal bite. Hibiclens is 4% chlorhexidene and can be used with water to weaken it. Chlorhexidene 2% is found in some feed stores and onliIf I didn’t have that I would use Betadine dine and water, but it can prevent wound healing or be toxic if used repeatedly. Vetericyn although very overpriced is safe and can be used to clean the wounds and keep them moisturized while healing. It is safe if it gets in the eyes. I would prefer Chlorhexidene initially for a dirty wound, but it is fine afterward. Here is a link for Chlorhexidene at a good price:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...erjam&utm_medium=affiliate&clickId=3303212272
Thank you! I was leaning toward cholrohexadine, and this info is very helpful! Thanks of rate link!

Top Bottom