Unofficial Worldwide Clean Out the Garage Event

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ARose4Heaven, Jan 28, 2011.

1. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    By my personal declaration, this weekend, beginning now, is the Unofficial Worldwide, Clean Out the Garage Event.

Pick up those brooms, Grab those totes, haul in the dumpster and wind your way into the unfathomable labyrinth of irreplaceable, unusable, garage stuff. Spring is coming, and you are going to NEED some of those tools and toys...let's all get scooping, and see just what's in that mysterious black hole.

Tell us...oh mighty cleaner of the man-cave, what wonderful previously unknown treasure you find. What strange or unidentifiable artifact surfaces in your quest.

Hey, there is a new front end cowling for a TransAm in here! We've never owned a TransAm! What's up with that?!!!

A tall round plastic Smuckers Jelly display shelf????!!!! What auction did that come from?

A canoe shaped book shelf? No Way! 14 hand drills with cords, 8 battery powered hand drills...no batteries included.....

2. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    just dont go to cleaning and dumping Go to scraping. My daughter and I cleaned out most of our old junk just before Christmas we earned over 800.00 dollars between us. Preety good return on old junk at the recycle center.

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Supposed to get rain this weekend, which puts a major crimp in garage clean out since everything has to be taken out, sorted, off to dump, donate, etc.

But, we'll see.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    LOL, we will need 100 volunteers here. And 90 of them will be used to hold DH back, when he darts around saying NOOOO, that might be useful someday! Our garage/shop is 24' x 36', darn near an aircraft hangar. But when SIL died several years ago we were charged with the task of clearing out her storage units. Note the plural. We only did one- it filled the shop.

One of the best treasures found within? A TEN year old metal commemorative canister of Oreo's. Still in it's original shrinkwrap. It had been in storage for 10 years. [​IMG]

Anybody want to come help? I'll give you some cookies......... [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

One of the best treasures found within? A TEN year old metal commemorative canister of Oreo's. Still in it's original shrinkwrap. It had been in storage for 10 years.

Anybody want to come help? I'll give you some cookies.........​

Aged cookies, my favorite. [​IMG]

A Rose,

I'd like to join you, but am going to be swamped this weekend. I'll be cheering you on. [​IMG]

Imp- Post how you did, would like to know if it is even possible. [​IMG]

6. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    This thread brings me out in a cold sweat. The stuff has been in there undisturbed for 10 years, another year won't hurt....... [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Aged cookies, my favorite. [​IMG]

A Rose,

I'd like to join you, but am going to be swamped this weekend. I'll be cheering you on. [​IMG]

Imp- Post how you did, would like to know if it is even possible. [​IMG]

You are sooooo going to regret that...... [​IMG]

8. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Uhmmmm... Highlander? Didn't your garage/shop self clean last winter? [​IMG]

9. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    Mostly trying to make a safe passage to the brooder in the far corner. New peeps coming next week. But, hey if I can find a thing or two along the way...much the better! AND, it would be nice to be able to find a hammer to pound in that nail that always rips my coat in the chicken house.

I found the red tray for the bottom of my chicken waterer!!!!... I've been looking for that thing for 3 weeks!
    but it wasn't in the garage. Found it under the sink in the kitchen (right beside the calf bottles) when I came in for trash bags.

I just LOVE farm life. I wonder...what do city people have under their kitchen sinks? [​IMG]

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I don't have a garage [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by