Unplugged the heat lamp this morning

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JennsPeeps, Dec 26, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My girls starting fussing at 4a this morning!! [​IMG] I could hear the BR going bbbrrrrrrraaaaakkkkkk from 4-7.

At 7:15 I stomped out there, let them out, and about yanked the heat lamp outta the [​IMG] socket.

What is WITH me BR lately?!?! She's not laying but she has started to yak sooo much. She's driving me crazy!!

2. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    ....it's only a matter of time! [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Boy, I always thought the girls were quiet. Guess it helps that they are like 200 feet from the house. LOL

How is the snow out that way? We got a bit more today, so there is about 14 inches of snow, frozen in a layerd cake style. Falling into icy snow is not a good idea. Too easy to hit your head on a pile of hard snow made from previous day's donughts in the front yard...

4. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    lt's melting like crazy today!

5. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Raining and close to 40 today. Such a relief... though the bacl yard is fast becoming a mud pit.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah, I'm watching it melt fast too. 14 to like 7... maybe by this evening I can go out!!! BIG FOOT JAVA HERE I COME!!!!!

7. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I'm just anxious to get out on my own. DBF has driven us everywhere and I haven't gotten away from him or anyone else in the past week. GAH!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by