Unreal Expectation?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyChickens09, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CrazyChickens09

CrazyChickens09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2009
    SC Kansas
    Is it a unreal expectation to have more than two eggs hatchable from 16 eggs from shipped eggs less than 100 miles apart? 12 of the eggs never started growing, 2 did but died I think because of aircell damage and yolk damage and 2 currently doing ok. The seller is telling me that he will work with me only if I pay for shipping! I already payed premium price for eggs/shipping/insurance. 14 no good eggs,no insurance(that I payed for but didnt recieve) and now you want more money? I dont think so!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    You can't blame him. Blame the postal service. The chances of it being the seller's fault is slim. The postal service just throws the eggs around which detaches air sacs and scrambles the eggs. Be glad he's working with you as most people probably wouldn't be too willing. Ask people and they will tell you their shipped eggs hatched bad too. I had 24 eggs and only nine of mine hatched. Yet before hand I bought eggs from the same seller and got 9 out of ten to hatch.

3. CrazyChickens09

CrazyChickens09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2009
    SC Kansas
    I don't really blame him other than the insurance should have been on the package (because I paid for it). I know that its a crap shoot when it comes to shipped eggs because of usps poor handling of packages, but that is why he recommend insurance and why a paid for it but did not recieve it.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    USPS wont give insurance on shipped eggs ????? I would check into that for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by