WannaBeHillBilly

Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
I wanted to have some boiled duck eggs for breakfast today, the second egg's white was grayish black when I peeled it. When cut in half it looked like this:
20190121_120203.jpg
I assume that black thing is a part of a ducks reproductive organ?
I didn't eat the egg, but would it be safe to feed it back to the duckies?

I wanted to have some boiled duck eggs for breakfast today, the second egg's white was grayish black when I peeled it. When cut in half it looked like this:
View attachment 1648716
I've had a few eggs with those black goober things in them. Grossed me out. I tossed them. I wish I had taken a picture of them.

View attachment 1648716
Probably a small speck of blood. Small for a duck egg. I see small specks in my chicken eggs too. More protein. :eek::ya

Probably a small speck of blood. Small for a duck egg. I see small specks in my chicken eggs too. More protein. :eek::ya
I think what he's talking about was the blackish looking thing in the white of the egg. Looks like when he cut the egg he split the black thing in 1/2. When I had something similar in my eggs they were raw and the "thing" was also black and about the same size and shape similar to his. Mine was not at all bloody. I'm just wondering what the heck it is?

I think what he's talking about was the blackish looking thing in the white of the egg. Looks like when he cut the egg he split the black thing in 1/2. When I had something similar in my eggs they were raw and the "thing" was also black and about the same size and shape similar to his. Mine was not at all bloody. I'm just wondering what the heck it is?
Blood can turn black. Did you know all of us have blue blood running through our veins. Oxygen turns it red.

Back
Top Bottom