Unsteady duck looks funny

foodthatpoops

Chirping
Jan 22, 2018
I have a pekin that doesnt look quite right. Siblings are fine and normal but she stumbles a lot, doesnt seem steady on her feet, has water circles under her eyes and even holds her neck curved (the others are normal, holding their heads up when walking). She will even float lower in the water. At first I thought it was just leg weakness but its more than that and she's gotten worse as the summer has gone on. She eats, drinks and socializes with the others but just doesnt look right. Any ideas what it could be or what I could do for her?

Someone will probably have a better dosage guide than me but when my young duck had shakey legs and showed signs of vitamin deficiency i gave him a full dropper of this down his throat everyday untill he was ok again (took 4 days)

Now i give half a dropper every 3 days

you can accidently put it down their wind pipe like that tho. So anyway you can think of to get it in

Attachments

• dfa9f9c7-bca4-42ba-906a-0b5385ce61dd_1.84989cf2677669f4e412da65bbfdda00.jpeg
    dfa9f9c7-bca4-42ba-906a-0b5385ce61dd_1.84989cf2677669f4e412da65bbfdda00.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
She's at least 6 months old, she wasn't like this when she was younger. Always was a little clumsier than the others but didn't develop the water circles or the weird neck until about a month ago. Still a vitamin def?

Hmm. Thats different. I had mine on the best foods too and it happened

It wouldnt hurt if you did it anyway but mabye it wouldnt help but it was a miracle cure for mine
Pictures and videos are eealy helpfull too

@Miss Lydia

I dont buy the junk food either. They had the right food, no one else in the flock shows any signs of anything wrong. Its just so odd...

Your doing great @Jpat.

It could very well be a vitamin def just because the rest aren't showing any symptoms doesn't mean this one can't have one, sometimes we just don't assimilate the nutrients as well as others. Is she laying eggs. I'd at least try the B Complex it's not that expensive and def worth a try and being able to eliminate that as the cause will help in trying to figure out what it maybe. Do you put out oyster shell for extra calcium since your not feeding layer? How is her appetite and can you also post a pic of her poop? I know gross but can say a lot about health. Def video[down load to viemo or youtube then copy paste here.

Back
Top Bottom