Unsteady On His Feet Black Minorca Rooster???

kack

Hatching
11 Years
May 18, 2008
Hi, I have a recently acquired big beautiful black minorca rooster. He is around a year old. He had been raised in a cage for most of his life so the unsteadiness seemed to make sense at first that his legs just hadn't had a chance to develop. He frequently shakes his head, falls down, sleeps ALOT, face down completely out. At first I just thought these were quirks, but his unsteadiness is getting worse. He will fall down frequently after losing his balance and can't get up for a minute or two. All his other eating, drinking, ranging seem normal. Poop seems normal from what I've seen. I've had hens that had Mereks, but this seems like something else. Maybe neurological? Any ideas anyone??? I love this guy, would hate to lose him...
Also, he really is quite large. The largest I've ever seen. He supposedly came from a reputable breeder of show birds, perhaps this is way she dumped him???
Any help would be appreciated!

I have had birds with nuerological issues before, atleast that is what I diagnosed them as having. And I have found that vitamins specifically for chickens/gamebirds make a HUGE difference. I have treated Encephalitisis, West Nile and other things I was sure was causing tremors, balance and neck issues.

It couldn't hurt to try to boost him up with vitamins and minerals. I hope he pulls thru.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom