Unsung heros

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Opa, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Yesterday as I was dragging a deer out of the woods. I got to wondering who it was that came up with cheap plastic sleds. They make dragging a deer so much easier; even on dry ground. The man should be nominated for sainthood or at least knighted by the queen. How many other unknown people should we be thanking?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The person that decided to grind up some peanuts and slap it (along with jelly) between 2 pieces of bread!

3. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    LOL I hear ya! Those sleds are a life saver.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The woman who first saw and egg under a hen and said: "How can I take this simple gift and nourish my family?"

5. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

I use a sled for everything since I broke my wheel barrow, from hauling dirt, to plywood! And mixing concrete [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  6. Possumpoint

Possumpoint Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Quote:Speaking of food, the first person to slice a home grown tomato, slap it on two pieces of mayo laden bread, load it down with pepper and share their new joy they had found! [​IMG]

7. LittleYellowOne

LittleYellowOne Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Speaking of food, the first person to slice a home grown tomato, slap it on two pieces of mayo laden bread, load it down with pepper and share their new joy they had found! [​IMG]

*twitch* I flippin' LOVE tomato sandwiches!! Made exactly as you described! [​IMG] Now I reeeeeeally want one~

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I like to make mine and let it sit for bit before I enjoy. That way the bread gets a little soggy, YUM. Oh, and DUKES mayo for me, lol.

9. Possumpoint

Possumpoint Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Quote:OMG, I like to let em sit and soak too! I know I'm probably gonna start a mayo war here, but as far as I'm concerned, there's no other mayo but DUKES!

10. LittleYellowOne

LittleYellowOne Chillin' With My Peeps

We don't have Duke's where I live... though I've heard it mentioned by a couple people on here... Apparently I'm missing out~ [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by