Unsure About The Gender Of Your Chicken(s)??? Post them here!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AustralorpsAU, Oct 9, 2016.

1. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Thought i would make another thread for people wanting to know what gender there chicken is! I know there is a few out there but they can get busy sometimes! If your unsure on gender post here!

2. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello [​IMG]

Thankyou for making this thread, the other "What gender is my chicken" threads do get really busy!

Im unsure about the gender of my sweet little gal' 'Hope;. She looks big but shes still a chick and not even the quarter size of the bigger birds. Anyway, im not sure if Hope is a girl or boy nut senses are telling me shes actually a she. Opinions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Mustang

3. AustralorpsAU

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Hi Mustangrooster. How old? And what breed?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  4. mustangrooster

Shes about 4 and a half weeks old, and is one of my beloved mixed breeds.

-Mustang

5. AustralorpsAU

May 20, 2016
    Down Under

At that age i would say a little cockerel! That is a lot of comb for such a young chicken

6. mustangrooster

Oh please no, I have to much cockerels already! Shes/ hes 31 days old (I generally use days instead of weeks for young chicks) Does that make a difference......? [​IMG] But geez, I was honestly hoping that I would get no more cocks.

-Mustang

7. mustangrooster

[​IMG]

Im also unsure about these two mixed breeds. The one on the left is Bambi who hatched 2/09 and the one on the right hatched on the 1/09. My guess is that Bambi may be a cockerel because she has big sturdy legs and darker legs than her siblings (Sprinkles and Hope)

8. AustralorpsAU

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    I know you dont want to hear this but these two also look like cockerels! But lets see what @QueenMisha , @donrae , @CTKen and @drumstick diva thinks!

9. mustangrooster

Your kidding me, right? The last batch that one of the broody hens hatched were all boys so I really don't need any more! If they are all young cockerels then they have silly names, that's for sure! I was hoping that they would all be girls..

10. AustralorpsAU

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Maybe your flock only produces males!!! Just a thought!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by