1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unsure of breed type on white pullet & Gender type on Brahma?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by athgus2802, Dec 22, 2013.

1. athgus2802

athgus2802 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2013
    NSW Australia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you in advance for any opinion.
    These chooks are now 12wks, both are starting to cluck or make noise. The Brahma is a little more bossy...
    Am unsure of breed of the white Chook??. Am really hoping that the Brahma is a hen?
    [​IMG]

2. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    The white bird is a pullet...I'm not sure of the breed. Her legs are slate colored, and I can't tell if that is a pea comb or single from the photo, but she doesn't have a beard or muff, so she can't be a white Ameraucana. Might be an EE from leg color...but without muff or beard. Wrong leg color for White Rock (single comb) or Chantecler (cushion comb). Hmmm....looking like a mix to me...someone may know better.

The other looks to be a rooster to me with the patchy coloring and the wing bars and redder comb/wattles.

Lady of McCamley

1 person likes this.
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I agree with cockerel on the Brahma and pullet on the white bird. I can't get your pictures to enlarge for a guess as to variety on the white bird.

1 person likes this.
  4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    brahma-cockerel
    white one- pullet

1 person likes this.
  5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

That Brahma is a MONSTER. I'm going to say rooster.

1 person likes this.
  6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Brahma is a rooster, but I'm not sure if he's pure Brahma. Not sure what would give that coloring, but the color is mixed.

The white bird is female, but like Lady said, she doesn't fit any specific breed, with those legs. Quite possibly a mix, since the rooster is also.

1 person likes this.
  7. athgus2802

athgus2802 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2013
    NSW Australia
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I really am new to chickens. & need to prepare my son that we wont be able to keep his pet if we have a rooster.

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    With the patchy coloring on its wings and slow feathering, I think the Brahma is a cockerel. The white bird is a pullet, but I'm not sure of the breed. Could be a mix. She's a pretty little bird!

9. bantambury

bantambury life does go on.

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    x2

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Your Brahma is a cockerel, and the white one is a pullet, but I don't know its breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by